Protective clothing for hospital workers is in very short supply. Healthcare workers around the country are in urgent need of scrubs.
To help solve this crisis, SHIELD with its partners Sew Sussex have designed a set of scrubs that can be easily created from sheets of fabric, by both home sewers and industry partners. We've worked closely with medical professionals to ensure these patterns meet the needs of healthcare workers and can be produced to a suitable standard.
How you can help:
Home Sewing Volunteers
Could you take a pattern and fabric to create well made scrubs?
If so, please register with SHIELD using the form below and we will deliver you instructions and enough materials to create 5 scrubs and then send these for free to healthcare workers around the country.
Sign up to SHIELD today and become part of the fight against COVID-19.
Together we can make a real difference.
How it works.
- Your name, address, email and contact number.
- Tell us a little about your capability.
- Agree you are providing your services free of any charge or expectation of employment and agree to our terms
- We will contact you to let you know the next steps
- If you become part of the team, we will then deliver materials via DHL
- We will inform you of the process for you to contact DHL and return your completed scrubs once sewn.
- We will then carry out a simple quality check and deliver to healthcare in your community as long as demand exists. Otherwise they will go to a healthcare worker as close to you as possible.
Sign up with us here
Your efforts will make a difference and will be hugely appreciated.
Thank you for being part of SHIELD
Industry Partners & Manufacturing
We’re looking for:
- Small factories able to produce a mass of quality sewn scrubs
- Fabric donations:
- Polycotton, approx 145gm 65% cotton and 35% polyester
- Non woven waterproof textiles
- Fabric cutting facilities: can you cut our patterns if we provide the materials?
- Fabric manufacture facilities: can you make the scrubs for us?
Please use our industry sign up form here